What Are Phobia’s?
Written by Lola Narawa on May 26, 2022
A phobia is described in the Oxford Dictionary as an extreme or irrational fear or an aversion to something or towards a specific thing or group of things.
Now different people have different types of phobias. Just like how peoples taste in things differ.
Let’s take a look at some of the most common phobias known to mankind.
1) Mysophobia- the fear of germs or dirt
2) Pteromerhanophobia- a fear of flying
3) Social Phobia- the fear of social situations and people
4) Trynaphobia- a fear of injections
5) Astraphobia- a fear of lightning and thunder
6) Cynaphobia- a fear of dogs
7) Ophidiophobia- a fear of Snakes
8) Nyctophobia- a fear of the dark.
I’ve known of people who have some of the above phobias I just never really knew the names of the phobias.
I also discovered today the name of my phobia of balloons. My fear of balloons is called globophobia.