Low Impact Office Workout
Written by Ateca Tukana on February 10, 2022
If you’ve been trying all week to get started on a workout regime but life keeps getting in the way here are some quick low impact office workouts you can try at your desk. You can do this circuit 4 times for an effective lunchtime burn without leaving the office or ruining your hair and makeup!
- Stand with your feet hip-width apart.
- Your toes, knees and hips should all be facing forward.
- Bend your knees and push your hips backwards as if you were going to sit on a chair.
- Make sure you keep the weight on the heels of your feet.
- Return to a standing position.
2. Office Chair Knee Tuck
- Starting in a push-up position, have your feet on the chair.
- Make sure you brace your core and slide your knees towards your chest, slide the chair towards your body.
- Make sure your core is always activated.
- Slide back to start position and repeat.
- Slide and glide 20 times.
3. Desk Push-Ups
- Stand facing your desk.
- Position your hands on the edge of the desk, slightly wider than shoulder-width apart.
- Perform a normal push-up movement.
- Ensure that your body is completely straight at all times throughout the movement.
4. Static desk bicep contraction
- Sitting at your desk, put your hands under the desk, as if you were to lift the desk with the palms of your hands.
- Keep your elbows as close to 90 degrees as you can.
- Perform a static contraction (make your biceps contract without moving your elbow) as hard as you can with good posture for 30 seconds.
5. Controlled Desk Dips
- Place your hands on your chair and slowly lower yourself up and down
- Make sure to only lightly brush the chair with your back as you move.
- Keep this one up for 20 reps.